Comfort and Convenience That Surpass Your Expectations
At Waterstone Family Dentistry, our comprehensive dentistry services certainly give us a leg up, but they do not encompass the full extent of what makes us so unique. In addition to ensuring we offer the treatments you and your entire family require for excellent oral health and gorgeous smiles, we also strive to provide a comfortable, convenient experience. At our practice, we combine gentle techniques with compassion to create a tranquil dental visit every time we see your smiling face.
We understand that you may have a super-tight schedule, or a sudden need to see the dentist. Whatever your scheduling needs, we will go above and beyond to set an appointment that works for you. In the case of a sudden shift in plans, contact us for same day dentistry. Or, if you experience a dental emergency, such as severe discomfort or a broke tooth, contact us immediately for an emergency dental visit. We also offer extended and weekend hours, so you can enjoy the flexibility you need:
Monday 8:00 to 6:30
Tuesday 8:00 to 6:30
Friday 8:00 to 3:00
Saturday 8:00 to 2:00
If you visualize the dentist as a cold, uncomfortable environment, you simply have not made an appointment with Dr. Collier at Waterstone Family Dentistry. We follow a philosophy based on patient comfort, and provide the following amenities to make sure you feel relaxed during your time in our office:
- Immaculate facility
- Handicapped accessible
- A “comfort blanket” so you feel cozy and at home
- Scented face towels for a quick refresher
- TVs and music to keep you entertained and smiling
- Free WiFi, so you can remain plugged in to your daily life
In keeping with our mission to help maintain your comfort, Dr. Collier and our team focus on gentle dentistry techniques and tools, such as:
- Profound Topical Anesthetic: This product improves comfort at injection sites, so we can gently numb the affected area while you remain relaxed
- Dental Vibe: Much like anesthetic, we use this vibrating handheld device at an injection site to reduce the activity of pain stimuli, for a comfortable experience.
- Oraqix: We apply this rapid-onset anesthetic gel before a deep cleaning (scaling and root planing), which commonly provides a numbing effect intense enough to replace a traditional injection
We understand that many people feel nervous about visiting the dentist, even just for routine procedures, due to anxiety. Whatever your level of anxiety, Dr. Collier and our compassionate team would like to reassure you that you’re in excellent hands. Whether you hope for something to take the edge off of your nerves or you desire deep relaxation, we encourage you to call so we can schedule an appointment and find the best way to accommodate your needs with the following options:
- Nitrous Oxide: Commonly referred to as “laughing gas” because it often creates a sense of euphoria, nitrous oxide is a gentle, safe option. We offer nitrous oxide to nearly all of our patients, including children. You will remain fully aware of what is happening around you during your visit, but you will feel relaxed. Dr. Collier can adjust the amount of nitrous oxide you receive throughout your visit. In addition, nitrous oxide wears off quickly. You will be able to drive yourself home after a procedure.
- Oral Sedation: Dr. Collier will choose a pill that you will take orally before your visit for a deeper sense of tranquility. You will remain aware of verbal cues throughout your appointment, but you may not remember all of the events once the medicine is out of your system. This type of sedation is particularly beneficial for patients with severe anxiety, or a dislike of needles. You will need a friend or loved one to drive you home after your visit.
Advanced Dental Technology
Advanced systems allow us to complete your visit with greater efficiency, comfort, communication, and accuracy. Examples of the advanced dental technology we offer our patients includes:
- Digital X-Rays: We will place a comfortable sensor in several locations within your mouth. The X-ray requires only a few moments. Once completed, the X-ray uploads into our computer system, where we can quickly take a closer look at the inner workings of your oral cavity.
- Intraoral Cameras: Intraoral cameras take high-resolution snapshots of your mouth. Using a tiny camera, we can quickly capture images. Dr. Collier can take a closer look, while showing you exactly what she sees when she examines you.
- Isolite: This technology includes a comfortable, hands-free system that provides light and suction. A comfortable rubber mouthpiece will support your open mouth, offering your teeth a resting place.
- DIAGNOdent: DIAGNOdent illuminates one tooth at a time with the use of a small, handheld wand. Dr. Collier will use this technology to detect cavities in their earliest stages.
- Fusion DOE SE: This handheld wand utilizes fluorescent light to illuminate problem areas in soft tissue. Dr. Collier can more closely examine your mouth for abnormalities, and early signs of oral cancer.